The Fire Services program delivers the following Fire Safety Programs: Fire Extinguisher Training, Fire Prevention Week, Fire Safety Inspections, Fire Investigation, Young Fire Setter Prevention, Fire Safety Resource Distribution, and the Fire Safety Contest for Community Schools
The program is responsible to provide direct technical and advisory services to the Resource Council and member First Nations. To develop, implement and monitor volunteer fire departments and increase general awareness of fire safety and prevention issues in the community and its respective organizations.
Services Offered include:
- Assess, identify and recommend to Band Councils/Fire Chief on the performance, equipment and training needs of each community.
- Deliver approved training to volunteer fire departments relating to structural fire fighting and prevention.
- Maintain adequate training materials and records of training provided from developed Fire Prevention Education Program.
- Conduct fire safety inspections to identify any potential/existing hazards
- Assist First Nations to develop and/or update community Emergency disaster plans
- Evaluates, approves and enforces documents pertaining to fire safety plans and fire development proposals.
- Reviews and assists in building plans for compliance with relevant Codes and Standards.
- Conducts/Assists with HRSDC inspections of new or renovated public community buildings.