The Education department contributes and supports our 5 member First Nations in the delivery of quality educational programming. We strive to assist, advocate, support, and enable AKRC’s First Nations in their education endeavours through a variety of programs, committees, and events we host.
The AKRC’s Education department is guided by the Education Steering Committee Representatives whom we collaborate and consult with monthly.
Our goals for our department, include:
- Developing and promoting effective communication among AKRC First Nations
- Facilitating and researching the development of AKRC First Nations education programs
- Supporting students’ education
- Student Recognition (awards & bursaries)
- Education Policy Analysis
- Strategies for Parental Engagement
- Technical Support
For more details and information on our Strategic plan, please contact Barbara Katic.