AKRC will be carrying out a large field program this summer to catch up to 140 Walleye from five lakes within the Traditional Territories of our member communities. Fish tissue samples will be collected and submitted for mercury analysis. The results will be used to look at safe levels of fish to eat You will be involved in project planning. fish collection and sampling. as well as helping us communicate the program to each Nation. You will be part of a larger project team. that will provide training and support throughout the program. This is a great way to be part of a very important project for all AKRC member Nations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the Project Coordinator with
- project communications
- program planning
- some report writing
- Strong interest in environmental sampling
- Knowledge and understanding of AKRC member communities’ rights. interests, and values.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Valid Class “G” drivers license is an asset.
- Watercraft Operators license is an asset
- Experience fishing and/or sampling is an asset but not required – we provide on the job training!
- $20/hour at 37-5 hours/week for 5 weeks