The Finance Manager/Advisor is responsible to provide direct advisory services in Financial Management, particularly to Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag Resource Council Inc. (AKRC) and to the 5 member First Nations (consisting of 7 communities). AKRC continues to proudly serve the following communities:
- Animakee Wa Zhing #37 – Communities consisting of Regina Bay and Windigo Island
- Big Grassy River First Nation
- Northwest Angle #33 – Communities consisting of Angle Inlet and Dog Paw
- Ojibways of Onigaming
- Wauzhushk Onigum First Nation
Other responsibilities of the Finance Manager/Advisor are the following:
- Deliver support and advises on all aspects of financial management duties and budget control
- Provides accounting support for Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag Resource Council Inc. and oversees financial policies and procedures
- Prepares payroll and oversees payroll administration for staff members
- Provides support for preparation of funding proposals
- Reviews all financial statements for accuracy, completeness and ensure budgeted items are being fulfilled
- Provides advisory services and support for community finance personnel in the following areas:
Audit Preparation, Computerized accounting and bookkeeping, Financial planning, including implementation of budgets, Internal reporting and payroll, and Financial policy development
Deliverable of Services
Support for financial services are delivered at AKRC head office at the following address:
545 Kavanaugh Road
Sioux Narrows, Ontario
Financial support can also be performed at the First Nation communities on a request basis.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Finance Department is working remotely from home; however, can arrange for essential meetings on an appointment basis.
For more information, please contact Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag Resource Council Inc. (AKRC) main office at (807) 226-4445, Dominic Boucher at (807) 407-5805 or e-mail finance.