The Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag Resource Council (AKRC) is incorporated as an Aboriginal non-profit organization providing technical advisory services and assistance to its five (5) member First Nation communities located throughout Northwestern Ontario on Lake of the Woods. The AKRC requires the services of a Water Treatment Operator for our HUB department.
- Water Treatment Operator tasks expected of a certified operator in the Province of Ontario.
- Operator in Charge (OIC) services as required.
- Must have a minimum WT1 Certification from the Ontario Water and Wastewater Certification Office.
- Minimum of three (3) years of operating experience in a water treatment facility.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license.
- Must have or acquire pleasure craft/ boat license asap after hiring on.
- Experience working with First Nations is considered an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- This position requires being on call and available after regular working hours and or weekends to address emergency situations as they arise.
- Must provide own vehicle transportation and willingness to travel to our First Nation communities including travel on ice road or watercraft.
- Salary range from 55k to 70k depending on credentials and experience
- Benefit package immediately upon employment commencement
- Pension Plan upon successful completion of probationary period
- Up to a five (5) year employment contract available to the successful proponent
- Compensation for On Call duty
- Above average Compensation for travel
- Paid Professional Training upon successful completion of probationary period
- Paid Professional Memberships upon successful completion of probationary period
- Paid First Nation Cultural Activity Participation.