The Structural Readiness Coordinator is responsible for the overall co-ordination, development, and implementation of AKRC Structural Readiness Program. The Structural Readiness Coordinator will be working with member First Nations and education partners to implement all components of the program the development, implementation and monitoring of their own specific Education Plans.
- Coordinate the overall implementation of the Structural Readiness program.
- Maintain and monitor the budget for the Structural Readiness program
- Work with Education Advisor and other education staff to identify and address Structural Readiness needs in First Nation schools.
- Coordinate the development and revision of education policies in the First Nation.
- Assist with the development of all agreements related to Structural Readiness.
- Develop all community and regional agreements related to Structural Readiness
- Collect all the required data and indicators, completing reports.
- Complete any proposals for additional programming, training, and professional development funding, as required.
- Liaison with AANDC other funding agencies.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and conferences, as required to gather new knowledge and information that would assist with the development and implementation of AKRC 5-year Strategic Plan.
- Conduct research and complete program data, interpret and present the findings to AKRC.
- Other duties as assigned by the Education Advisor and Executive Director.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science and Bachelor of Education or a Bachelor of Education.
- Membership in the Ontario College of Teachers would be an asset.
- Excellent management skills required.
- Complete a Criminal Records Check.
- Experience in Education Administration would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, willingness to travel and flexible workdays.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and have strong organizational skills.
- Experience with data management and software programs.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Proficiency with computer programs and intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), Zoom, Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, email, preferred.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to drive on winter ice roads to access remote communities.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license in good standing.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check. Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications.
- Must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
- Along with a resume and cover letter and three professional references (one from last/ previous employer). Deadline for applications is open till position is filled.