The L.P.R.C is a contract position responsible to the Governing Board of Chiefs through the Education Director, Education Steering Committee and the Director of Operations consistent with the Kabapikotawangag Protocol as part of the Education Unit vision statement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To plan, coordinate and monitor the activities related to language as per the strategic directions of AKRC Education Unit, which may include curriculum development research, language planning etc;
- To facilitate and/or coordinate collaboration and networking with member First Nations related to meeting their strategic goals in language use, cultural activities, protection and revitalization;
- To collaborate with other education institutions/organizations and agencies regionally and nationally;
- To monitor ongoing activities related to language retention and preservation and provide briefings to the Education Steering Committee and Governing Board of Chiefs;
- To participate as a team member of the Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag Resource Council.
- Anishinaabemowin as first language; demonstrated fluency
- A strong understanding and commitment to the principles of the Anishinaabeg of Kabapikotawangag;
- A degree/diploma in education and/or Native Language Instructor Program
- Experience in classroom setting teaching language and/or familiarization with curriculum development
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Understanding of the Ojibway customs, traditions and values.
Deadline for Application: Until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.