Technical Advisory Services
Technical Advisory Services performs professional technical work for the affiliated AKRC communities and manages the overall function of the Technical Services Department within the Tribal Council. The Technical Advisory Services department assists and advises the communities in various capacities and functions pertaining to works such as housing, community infrastructure, community development and reports, capital planning, minor and major capital projects, operations and management, inventory management, training and capacity development.
1. Administer the Following On-Reserve Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Housing Programs as Listed:
- CMHC Section 95 New Housing Program.
- Physical Condition Reviews (PCR’s) for Section 95 Housing.
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP).
- RRAP Disability Program.
- Home Adaptations for Seniors Independence Program (HASI).
- Coordinate CMHC Training Opportunities in the AKRC Communities.
2. Band Housing Projects:
- Provide Plan Reviews for Code Compliance, Construction Methods and Site Integration.
- Conduct Housing Inspections for new Construction and Renovations.
- Provide Work Descriptions for Remedial Work and Renovations.
- Assist with the Maintenance and Balancing of Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV’s).
- Advise and Train First Nation Staff on Technical Matters.
- Assist with Band Housing Maintenance and Maintenance Planning Strategies.